Maine Eye Center
About Maine Eye Center:
Maine Eye Center’s vision is to be the preferred regional ophthalmology practice for comprehensive medical and surgical eye care. Our mission is to consistently provide high quality eye care and outcomes through excellent service, exceptional doctors, staff, and state of the art technology.
Description of Responsibilities:
The Administrative Clinic Coordinator provides excellent customer service to patients while providing administrative support to physicians. This position will communicate professionally with internal and external contact and patients by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public. The Administrative Clinic Coordinator will operate a computer, photocopier, and fax machine. This position will exercise judgment, initiative, and problem-solving skills and have knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
This position generally works normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Flexibility in schedule is needed from time to time in order to meet business goals and provide exceptional patient service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicating professionally with internal and external contacts and patients
- Providing attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Operating a computer, photocopier, and fax machine
- Greeting patients and answering phones in a pleasant and professional manner
- Prioritizing work and handling heavy work volume
- Providing administrative support to physicians
- Managing patient care schedules and following the template to ensure proper clinic flow
- Answering calls from internal and external sources
- Working closely with patients to schedule appointments, arrange special tests, reschedule appointments as needed due to physician schedule changes, and other tasks that may be required to provide the support needed for excellent customer service
- Sending patient letters as needed, i.e., missed or rescheduled appointments
- Collaborating with other administrative assistants and departments
- Providing a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for patients and their families
- Maintaining strict confidentiality for physicians’ schedules
- Participating in professional development activities
- Demonstrate and exemplify all MEC core values: Teamwork, Quality Patient Care, Respect, Responsibility, and Integrity.
- Ability to maintain establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, providers, patients, and the public.
- Ability to communicate and speak clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to exercise judgement, initiative, and possess problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication with internal and external contact and patients.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in a fast pace, multi-tasking environment is essential.
Minimum of two years of administrative experience in a medical office. Intermediate skill level with MS Office is required.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Required Licenses / Certifications:
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a office environment. Involves frequent patient contact both in person and over the phone along with contact with physicians and staff. Work may be frequently fast paced, and contact may be dealing with a variety of patient personalities. Possess ability to work in a team environment as well as ability to accept constructive criticism from supervisors and physicians. Occasional overtime or evening work may be requested.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires normal range of vision and hearing for telephone and patient contact when scheduling surgery. Work may require sitting and viewing computer terminal for extended periods of time. Requires manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, telephone, copier, and other office equipment. It is necessary to be able to handle multiple phone calls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Psychological Demands (in a usual workday):
Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills in order to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting tasks. Must be able to work with minimal supervision regarding time management and can consistently make sound, ethical decisions in emergency situations. Demonstrated ability to make accurate assessments while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the organization.
*Candidates who complete the skills test may be considered over candidates who do not*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday